The Final Step: The Takedown Procedure
By Janelle Sands, CURLS Educator
The Take Down Procedure is the last and final step of the “Taking Care of Your Hair Under There” Routine.
You have already learned about the Pre-Install, Install, Under There Maintenance, Extension Care and Styling steps from previous blog posts. Now, we are ready to take down our extensions in a way that will preserve the length and strength we have gained from taking care of our hair… “under there.” First and foremost, I hope you have been nourishing your body in such a way that will allow your hair follicles to produce strong hair, at accelerated hair rate. You could accomplish this by eating fruits, veggies and drinking plenty of water. You could also take the CURLS Blissful Lengths Liquid Hair Growth Vitamin. Just one tablespoon per day will absorb 98% of nutrients into your bloodstream for healthy hair growth at an increased rate!
Time to release your “healthy hair under there!” There is only one way to do this; GENTLY! You have been taking such great care of your hair! Now is the part that will make or break the work you have done. I would recommend starting by applying the Blueberry Bliss Hair Growth Oil to the braids before taking down. Here are some helpful tips:
- If wearing extensions that have been bonded, use a formulated bond release agent to remove your extensions.
- For a sew-in, gently cut the thread throughout.
- Then, apply the Blueberry Bliss hair Growth Oil to your fingertips and throughout your cornrows. Find a loose braid and begin to unravel.
- As you unravel, apply more oil and comb through from the ends to the roots in small sections. Do not wait until you unravel the entire head to comb through. Bring sure to release the debris and build up that has accumulated. *Cleansing and Rinsing often will create less build up.
- NOTE: Extensions should be left in your hair for no more than 2.5 months.
Now that you have taken your extensions down with ease, be sure to give your hair a premium hair treatment. Cleanse your hair thoroughly with CURLS Blueberry Bliss Reparative Hair Wash and give your hair a nice deep condition with CURLS Blueberry Bliss Reparative Hair Mask. This deep penetrating mask is JUST what your CURLS need after bring tucked away for any length of time. It will revive your tendrils and provide the elasticity your hair needs. To boost it’s effectiveness, you can add a bit of the Blueberry Bliss Hair Growth Oil. Apply the potion, cover with a plastic cap and sit under a hooded dryer for 20 minutes. Next, apply CURLS Blueberry Bliss Reparative Leave In Conditioner and seal in the moisture with the Hair Growth Oil. At this point you can style your hair as desired. I recommend a gentle, low-manipulation style as your hair had just gone through a lengthy take-down process. Consider wearing your hair is a loose bun or in loose chunky twists in a pin up.
And guess what? That’s it! You have just learned the last and final step for how CURLS can help you achieve “Healthy Hair Under There!” Find CURLS Blueberry Bliss Curl Collection products at www.curls.biz and select Target stores.