Slay Girl! 5 Glow Ups For Gorgeous Natural Hair From An NHIG (Natural Hair It Girl)
By Tiffani Douglas
We’ve all seen her! That girl whose curls are big, bold, and beautiful and she struts around like her hair owns the place! You know her, she either made you want to transition from your perm to natural hair or she inspired you to up your natural hair game!
Either way, from experience, you know you know she didn’t just wake up like this! And, you understand that having great curly hair requires you to put in some work. So what does a girl have to do to get her curl glow on? Let’s discuss! Check out these five natural hair care glow ups that will make you that Natural Hair It Girl (NHIG) too!
- NHIG’s stay hydrated. Type 4, AKA curly, kinky hair is naturally on the dry side, so keeping your hair moisturized daily is one thing you must do to keep your hair healthy and beautiful. For moisture on the go, try Lavish CURLS Moisturizer to refresh and hydrate curls daily.
- NHIG’s don’t go it alone. All great heads of hair need help. Not to say that you aren’t capable of making your curls pop all by your dayum self, but regular visits to your stylist to get dry, damaged ends trimmed is a must for healthy hair. In the meantime to help tame those dry ends, apply Aloe & Blueberry Juice Curl Moisturizer smooth, help prevent breakage and encourage hair growth.
- NHIG’s pay attention. Studying your hair, knowing what it needs at various times, and buying product lines that speak to your curly hair needs is crucial. Always purchase quality natural hair care product systems that are made from organic ingredients and do not contain harmful chemicals like sulfates. Buy product lines that are chemically designed to work together to optimize your hair’s health. CURLS has two great lines for kinky and curly hair types. Try Cashmere + Caviar Collection if you have kinky hair and Blueberry Bliss Curl Collection for curly hair.
- NHIG’s care for their hair and Protective styles can often dry out your hair and scalp – especially if you don’t cleanse and condition as often as you normally would when it’s up. Your scalp is your hair’s soil and it is the foundation from which your hair grows. If your scalp is not healthy, your hair won’t be healthy either, so treating your scalp with Blueberry & Mint Tea Scalp Treatment while in braids, weaves or other protective styles is an important part of your natural hair care plan and its vital to have gorgeous curls.
- NHIG’s stay on point with the conditioner. You already know that curly hair is dry – we don’t have to keep repeating that, but regular conditioning treatments is a major game changer in the war against dry curls. You should really have a plan for conditioning your hair. Daily or every other day, apply a leave-in conditioner, co-wash on non-wash days and apply a deep conditioner at least once per month. You decide what curly hair conditioner product works for your hair, schedule and hair type.