If you are keen on a nice curly hairdo, these are some of the key steps to follow:
- Wrap your hair in a 100 percent cotton towel.
- Use palms to press out excess water gently. Substitute a cotton t-shirt for the cotton towel for naturally curly hair because the latter tends to roughen up the delicate hair cuticle. This can contribute to frizz.
- Do not squeeze or wring the hair to avoid tangles. Remove the cotton towel or t-shirt.
- Next step is to adding a moisturizing leave-in conditioner. A good quality leave-in conditioner will seal in moisture to help curls clump.
- To distribute evenly, comb the leave-in through the hair.
- Now comes the important step of applying a styling product with extra hold just before styling!
- Divide hair into four sections. Smooth the styling product into each of the four sections – from the ends to the roots.
- Ensure that the product is comb through each section, which is essential for full coverage. The styling product selected by you may well be a gel, styling cream or mousse. Usually gels and mousses offer a firmer hold whereas styling creams offer a more flexible hold. Choose the product, which works best on your hair.
Each step as explained in this and the last few blogs are important in the process so follow them carefully.