Are You Taking in Enough Water CURLista?
I bet you could use a little more! Did you know that the adult body consists of up to 70% water? Therefore to maintain a healthy body, adequate water is necessary for every bodily function. Aim for at least 1 gallon of water per day or more if you are taking vitamins, like our new CURLS Blissful Lengths Liquid Hair Growth Vitamin. You’ll need EVEN MORE water if you consume caffeine, a diuretic, daily.
*Note – Caffeine can act as a mild diuretic, preventing water from traveling to necessary locations in the body.
Water is essential for healthy hair growth and retention because the hair itself is made of 7% water within the three layers of the hair fiber which include the:
- Medulla, the innermost portion of the hair shaft that indicates density. Very fine hair types may not have a medulla.
- Cortex, the second layer of the hair fiber that determines color, shape and even elasticity.
- Cuticle, the outer layer of the hair shaft that protects the delicate innermost areas. The outer layer has roof-like shingles that raise and relax to let in moisture or protect against damage.
Within the hair shaft you will find amino acid chains, keratin, lipids, minerals and so much more. Your body’s water content will determine whether or not your hair fibers can hold the adequate water necessary for healthy elasticity to balance strength and moisture.
Are you hydrated?
Now is the time to take an introspective look at how much water you take in on a daily basis. Then look at how much caffeine you drink. If it is at least 2 cups a day, increase your water intake. No matter what your current diet includes increase the amount of watery fruits like watermelon and citrus fruits into your diet. Add green leafy vegetables and throw in a few almonds and cashews to boost your lipids. Healthy living will reflect in your hair. So consider what you put in your mouth, drink plenty of water and take healthy supplements for a well rounded approach to wellness and hair growth.
Here are a few easy ways to add water to your diet
- Bring a bottle with you wherever you go.
- Eat soups and smoothies often
- Keep gallons of water at your office
- Always carry water when you work out
- Set a timer on your phone to remind you to hydrate throughout the day.
You got this! If you are taking supplements, remember to drink one glass of water with each dosage, this will curb potential break outs and side effects. Drink up!
Need a vitamin option for hair, skin and nail health, use Blissful Lengths Liquid Hair Growth Vitamin for faster absorption than any other method of vitamin intake! Click Here!