Taking Care of Your Hair Under There with @Amberjanielle
By Janelle Sands
How are you taking care of your healthy hair under there? Take a million tips from @amberjanielle who slayed this entire take on how take care of her healthy “hair under there” when wearing this gorgeous wig! View her amazing video here!
Here is a recap of the first 5 steps to keeping your healthy when protective styling:
Step #1: Pre-Install
Before you cover your crown with another crown, treat it! Wearing your hair in extension styles is one of the BEST ways to lengthen, thicken and enhance the condition of your CURLS! So, make the best of it! Here’s how:
- Start or continue taking your #BlissfulLengthsLiquidHairGrowthVitamin
- Cleanse your hair thoroughly with the gentle Blueberry Bliss Reparative Hair Wash to thoroughly rinse away the debris and provide a healthy foundation.
- Deep Condition with the Blueberry Bliss Reparative Hair Mask at least 20 minutes to add long lasting strength and moisture while the hair is away.
- Protect your hair from the potential threats during the installation process with a moisturizing Blueberry Bliss Reparative Leave In Conditioner.
- Seal in the hydration with a natural oil blend – Blueberry Bliss Hair Growth Oil, then blowout on med or air dry.
- Get a light trim of your ends. You’ll thank me later!
Step #2: The Install
Whether you rock a wig unit, u-part, sew in, clip ins, or a combination, taking care of what’s beneath is simple! Use a nourishing, organic based styling support product like CURLS Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Paste on your crown during the installation process. Here’s why:
- The product serves as a scaffold, with great styling power, allowing you to reduce tension on the hairline and roots.
- Plus the added benefit of the blueberry extract along your scalp, to strengthen the ability of the hair follicles for further hair growth.
Step #3: Under There Maintenance
HAIR-NEGLECT will leave you with a full head of hair… on the floor! Tend to your threads no matter what state or style you have them in. Don’t say we didn’t warn you!
So, if you are wearing a wig (non-bonded) or clip ins:
– Take them out every night and reinstall in the morning. Do not sleep in these units.
– Continue with a standard hair care routine of cleansing, conditioning and moisturizing each week or every 2 weeks.
– Each night, hydrate your ends with a high quality leave in and seal with oil.
When wearing a bonded unit or sew in:
- Make sure you can access your hair.
- Mix a bit of water and Blueberry Bliss Reparative Leave In Conditioner and spray on your hair beneath every few days.
- Cleanse and condition using a targeted bottle top to get the BB wash and BB Mask onto your scalp and hair as needed or call your stylist to see what maintenance services are offered. ( ex. tighten/cleanse/condition/style)
Step #4: Extension care
Your extensions are an investment! Why use quality hair and less than quality products? Instead, use high quality, organic based hair care products like CURLS to add longevity and vitality to your extensions. Did you know that you can:
- Cleanse your extensions with the Blueberry Bliss Reparative Hair wash. *Remember to check the packaging to see if it is okay to use a cleanser on the hair. Some hair requires conditioners only.
- Deep condition your extensions once per month to maintain the quality of the hair.
- Rinse and apply a protective leave in conditioner to your threads and prepare to style.
Step #5: Styling
Here are the products you need to style your extensions.
For Curly Hair: Utilize the Blueberry Bliss Twist and Shout Cream for a Twist out on textured extensions. Use the Bluerry Bliss Curl Control Jelly to define and hold your curly hair extensions.
For Straight Hair: Use the Blueberry Bliss Reparative Leave In Conditioner and Hair Growth Oil (sparingly) to blow out and flat-iron your extensions.
Both: Blend your edges with your overall look with the Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Paste
Phew! That was a lot, but @amberjanielle made it look so easy! We are now one step away from the end! Stay tuned for the finale of the “Taking Care of Your Hair Under There” blog series by CURLS. Next week, we will discuss the Take Down Procedure. See you next week!
To obtain your essential items for “Taking Care of Your Hair Under There,” click here!