Do you like your curls but wish they were not so dull, lifeless and dry all the time? Well, if you want that, then you should stop wishing and start working on them. There is no magical way of treating curly hair and making them beautiful in a single swish of a wand; but there is certainly a proper treatment for curly hair that can help you get out of your misery.
Follow these simple rules and make them a vital part of your life for bringing your curls back to life.
- Stay away from heat: Heat is the enemy of curls, probably the worst enemy. Therefore, you need to stay away from curling and flat irons as they do nothing but harm your beautiful locks.
- Get your Hair Trimmed: Getting your curls trimmed after every 3-4 months is essential so you can get rid of all the nasty split ends in your hair. Moreover, it is a myth that trimming slows down the hair growth; according to experts hair tends to grow faster when it is trimmed frequently.
- Wash your Hair Less: Curls dry out very quickly so washing your hair everyday is not a good idea. You should wash your curls about twice a week, so it can retain maximum moisture in it.
- Look for the Right Shampoo and Conditioner for Your Curls: You cannot get luscious curls unless you find the correct shampoo and conditioner for them. First, you should find out your hair type and then find a shampoo that most suitable for it. Also, look for shampoos and conditioners that are free from Sulfates. Pure Curls and Curls Ecstasy Hair Tea Deep Conditioner are excellent shampoo and conditioner respectively.
- Deep Condition Your Hair: You should deep condition your curls at least once a week so it gets a good dose of moisture. In addition, try using hair-conditioning wraps, as they are great for curly hair.
- Do not Towel Dry Your Curls: After washing your hair, never rub them harshly with a towel. Instead, you should wrap them in a soft towel and leave it on for about 15 minutes until your hair becomes damp; this helps to lock in the moisture.
- Use a Hair Comb: Get a good quality comb for your hair; try finding one that is wide-toothed so it can easily detangle your curls.
Practice this extremely simple but effective treatment for curly hair; and within weeks, you will fall deeply in love with your locks.