Don’t Get “Sunned”: 5 Tips to Prevent You from Bowing Down to Summer Hair Damage
Whoever said Christmastime was the most wonderful time of year was wrong! Summertime in all its beautiful, sunshine-y glory – the beach, the pool, the patio – has to be the best and most fun time of the year, but for girls with natural curly hair, summer can easily be the most stressful time of year for your tresses too.
Saltwater, chlorine and UV rays are some of the major causes of summer hair damage. During the summer months, curly haired girls have to endure all kinds of crazy and harmful elements that can annihilate curls. Sun damage, dryness, brittleness and frizziness are just a few summer offenders that can rob your hair of its gorgeousness. To keep summer hair damage at bay, you need the right treatments to protect and restore your hair from the summer heat.
Let’s rap about 5 ways you can protect your hair this summer.
- Hydrate. Extreme heat can dry out your natural curly hair and cause it to become brittle and damaged. To ensure you are doing your curls a solid this summer use hydrating conditioners like Blueberry Bliss Reparative Leave in Conditioner in the place of cleansers and follow that treatment up with Blueberry Bliss Twist N Shout Cream when styling to refresh and rehydrate dry, delicate kinks.
- Moisturize. No matter what the season, your delicate curls always need moisture, but this is especially true during the summer. Heat causes moisture to evaporate from you curls quicker during hotter months and keeping curls fully moisturized is a must! Use Blueberry Bliss Reparative Hair Mask as needed to restore and retain optimal moisture.
- Control frizz. In some regions summer not only means hot, but it also means humid, and for curly girls, humidity equals frizziness. Frizz is the result of your hair’s moisture/protein balance being off. This imbalance causes the hair to absorb moisture from the air, which is why humidity can often make curly hair eviler. To combat frizz and restore moisture balance to your curls try Aloe & Blueberry Juice Curl Moisturizer.
- Protect from the sun. Like your skin, your natural curly hair can also be damaged by the sun’s harmful UV rays. Protect your hair with moisturizing products that contain coconut oil, which can act as a natural sunscreen. Blueberry & Coconut Hair Milk is a great protector and moisturizing agent that prevents dryness and reduces the chance of your hair being damaged by the sun.
- Nourish. Fun in the sun like diving into the pool or swimming in salt water can strip your hair of essential vitamins and nutrients it needs to grow. Replenishing these hair growth elements is necessary to keep your natural curly hair strong and growing. Protect, repair and regrow with Blueberry Bliss Hair Growth Oil.
Check out all CURLS products for natural curly hair at www.curls.biz and protect your natural curls this summer.